Thursday 4 December 2014

Monotype - Type Experiments (Responsive)

The Thing

As the brief is strictly type based I began to take the titles of the films and experiment in manipulating them. This distorted effect was created by displacing the text over a digital glitch image and repeated. 



Type manipulation based on one of the original posters. I decided to use a similar typeface as I think a bold sans serif distorts the best as there is more area to work with and I also like the original type composition where the 'The' sits in the middle.    








This is another experiment based on the icy environment the film is set in and the background colour has been sampled from the poster above. 





Although I could use a number of colours I think the background green works the best as it (to me) has connotations of dark, mysterious and alien.  


The Fog

Again I wanted to make the type look organic and take a hand rendered approach so they would work together.  





Added small breaks in some of the letters to give the sense that the type is in motion and can be interacted with.





















No comments:

Post a Comment