Thursday 8 January 2015

Augment Leaflet (SB4)



To create my text I cut individual lines out so I could then lay black over the top to stop the lines from showing until it was moved. The layers on illustrator helped me preview how it would work by moving them over one another. It didn't really work with the word sequence as some of the curves in the letters didn't line up. The letters also needed to be large so the width of the lines wasn't too small for the effect to work  


The colour scheme matches the website and helps link the project together. I wanted the design to be simple as it isn't meant to be an alternative to using the site but direct users towards it and make the ad engaging enough for people to want to find out more.     



Put the logo on the back of the envelope with a QR code linking to the website. This is also the same as the landing page so makes an instant link to both this and gives the project good continuity. 


To create the leaflet I added a acetate window which would let the top layer slide and revel the word. 


The big problem I had with printing was getting the black on the acetate to be the same as the black on the card as the textures absorbed different amount of inks, I'll have to experiment with different materials and printers until I get the right one.  





Someone pointed out that it looked like a camera focus chart which ties in to the theme of my website well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment