Friday 2 January 2015

Augmented Design Concepts (SB4)

Billboard Posters

Billboard posters that allow you to watch trailers though your phone when pointed at it. Would work well if opposite a bus stop or cafe where people are waiting for some time. I couldn't see it being as effective on a busy street where people have less time to spare. I do think there is a place for it however as if I don't already know the film billboard posters rarely make me want to see it, a trailer works far better. Using a similar format as the Layars magazine advertisement or a simple QR code could quickly link the user to the video. 

Interactive Type 





I originally wanted my website logo to animate when the landing page is opened so can apply this idea to a magazine advert in some way, while it doesn't give out any more information through interacting it will keep the users interested for longer which has proven to be useful in the adverts I have researched.



Simian Mobile Disco have made a really interesting record sleeve for their album 'unpatterns' through the use of a repeat pattern layered over one another creating an optical illusion when the case slides off. This is the sort of technique I would like to apply to my own design by incorporating it into my typography as I think it is appropriate to the themes of my website.   


Another way type and interactivity has been used effectively is in the 2014 Hungarian Design Yearbook where the type distorts as it is moved about.







No comments:

Post a Comment