Thursday 23 April 2015

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 2 - 'Covered'

Undertake research to uncover a notable ‘thinker’ – a theorist or philosopher – whose concepts or views resonate with you.

Chosen book: 

Analects - Confucious 

The Analects (Chinese: 論語; pinyin: Lúnyǔ; literally: "Edited Conversations"), also known as the Analects of Confucius, is a collection of sayings and ideas attributed to the Chinese philosopher Confucius and his contemporaries. (Wikipedia)

I have chosen this book as ancient Chinese history is something that has always interested me because it is so culturally unique in all aspects. The music, art, writing, clothing, mythology are all incredibly distinctive and I would like to show this in my design. Another reason is that the original book is so old (475 BC–221 BC) its cover is unknown, or wether or not it had one, so instead of a re-design I will be creating something new. 



(image from original book)

Chinese calligraphy looks incredibly intricate and detailed which I want to try and incorporate into my design.  





No comments:

Post a Comment