Thursday 6 February 2014

Secret 7" Alternative Designs

I looked at how I could show my designs as simply as possible, taking inspiration from my research into album covers. My concept behind the artwork I felt was quite strong already so I wanted to explore ways of interpreting the themes of the artist and songs.



Some feedback I got from asking people before the crit was that they liked the simplicity and the clean vector images were effective. However for the designs above in particular needed more added to them as they were too simple. 


I came up with this image after experimenting in illustrator. The lines have created a sort of illusion as the get closer together in the centre making it look as there is light being emitted from behind the circle like an eclipse. The song is dramatic, dark and mysterious and I feel this design relates to that quite well. In the crit I will ask if there is anything that could be added/improved to the design to make it more effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment