Tuesday 1 April 2014

Bandits (Screen Print) Crit Response




Feedback

These are the more detailed drawings based off of my thumbnail sketches. When I got further feedback on which I should carry forward I got a mixture of responses. 

-Experiment with type across the bandana ripple/creased like Current TV brand. 


-Think about how colour can be added to designs. 
-Add more to the first idea as it is a little bland.


After the crit the designs that were recommended were the wanted style poster or the bottle of pills. A lot of people suggested that I create a clean vectorised render of the pills as this would work effectively as a screen print. The idea of a wanted poster was also an idea that people encouraged me to continue as it works with the title of the film and fits in with the themes. I am hesitant to use this style as the film isn't actually a western its more of a modern day interpretation of one. I do however like how it relates more to the typical style of the film and would be interesting to try and create a modern day version of the classic wanted posters.   



I will carry forward both of these ideas by scanning in the drawings and then vectorising them. This will give me freedom to experiment with type, composition and colour 






No comments:

Post a Comment