Wednesday 2 April 2014

Bandits (Screen Print) Development Idea 1



Before I worked with colour I wanted to complete my designs by adding text. Here I have tried different ways of manipulating the type across the bandana to get something that looked like it has been printed onto material.  






I couldn't however get it to look how I wanted as I was unfamiliar with using the effect in Photoshop.  






I think this colour scheme works the best for the poster - dark navy relates to the sleepover aspect of the film being the night sky. I will print white ink onto dark stock and use the 2nd colour for some of the text on the poster. 


I like this type arrangement the most as it outlines the bandanna and incorporates the text in a more interesting way as opposed to a title at the top or bottom of the page. The type face used is Impact which I have used because it is similar to the bold wanted posters I previously looked at. 

    



Above is the final composition and colours I want to use for my positives. The colours compliment each other well and as it will be a screen print I can use quite a florescent pink for the title 

 
   C: 85 M:77 Y:51 K:60                    C: 1 M: 95 Y: 50 K: 0









No comments:

Post a Comment