Wednesday 8 October 2014

Design Process Leaflet (SB1)

My design process is very linear as I always follow the same formula, especially for short projects where time management is important. I looked at clear simple ways of folding to compliment my design process.










I wanted to show my process in a visual way which interacted with the design. One of my ideas was to cut through the paper at each stage of the process so when completely folded you can look through and see them all clearly structured.


After asking a few people about my design and the interim crit it was suggested that I try using circles as this gave me more space to fit text and gave the design a smoother and more unique aesthetic.   

Below I have set out a grid to fit all the information I wanted on the leaflet. I decided to add lists to each section which quickly run through all the stages in my design process which I identified in the session beforehand.






The feedback I received from the crit was fairly positive people thought the layout was appropriate and effective.   



I chose a light grey card which was more durable as the leaflet would be handled and folded a lot, however this made it more difficult to cut by hand and made the edges look jagged which detracted from the clean aesthetic I was aiming for.



The stroke I had put round the circles also got cut off making the design look unfinished and miss printed. To resolve this I had to increase the size of the stroke so it bled over the holes I had cut and kept trying until it looked how I wanted.


I wanted the layout to be easy to follow and linear. The sections of text correlate to the circles getting smaller as you continue to refine the design process. 







I felt that my design was still lacking and didn't look as interesting as I wanted it to so have started experimenting with different colours of stock and ink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment