Sunday 12 October 2014

Kua Fu Development (SB2)





Originally I wanted to use traditional Chinese lettering however I felt that it moved to far from what the project was about and didn't really relate. Most of the typefaces I experimented weren't very legible, so not ideal for a logotype.














This is a sketch I developed after mind mapping some ideas. Kua Fu's body became mountains when he died and it also fit with the technical side of the project as it is based on taking photos of the earth from a high altitude.  







I thought this version at this stage would work well at a small scale without text although it might not make sense without the context of the project. 




Here is the final logo I have decided to go with after getting some feedback. People understood the concept but did think it needed the type. To see how it works across formats that the project may be using  e.g. header on website, sticker, app icon I will have to test it as I am concerned that the detail may be lost when viewing it at a smaller size. 











No comments:

Post a Comment