Wednesday 29 October 2014

Website Scamps/Crit (SB3)

More developed versions of my scamps, the website is going to be a one page scrolling site where sections can be quickly navigated by the text header at the top of the page or can scroll all the way through.  


As the user scrolls down the header will stay fixed at the top overlaying the page below.  



I want to keep the layout and overall design as simple as possible as the content is going to be the main element of the site. Its going to be largely image/video based with a featured section with an embedded video. 

Crit Feedback

My designs received positive feedback people generally agreed that I should keep the design simple and easy to use. 

I had a problem with how my gallery section was going to work, I thought it would be too unrealistic to have the videos all link to new pages and have information about them in the time we have for this project. One suggestion was to storyboard some of the sequences, picking out the best stills. As a lot of title sequences are fast and visual based it would be a good way to show off some of the details that may have been missed when watching a video.


These are some more examples of how my pages would work together. I have gathered my content and applied it to this grid which works well, need to start experementing with type and colour as I usally take a lot of time trying to choose which is the most appropriate and visually appealing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment